Saturday, May 8, 2010

The attraction of the pencil

For the past few weeks, months even, I've been kind of attracted, absorbed and in fact totally consumed by this unstoppable passion to write cursive handwriting using pencils. Its absolutely addictive and ridiculously enjoyable, and I am unable to focus on my life in any small amount. I've got these wonderful notebooks in the Microsoft campus which look more like diaries than notebooks, and then there are these pen-pencil type pencils which you click at the back to make a litle more lead come out of the front of the pencil and then write with it.
I've always been fascinated by beautiful cursive writing and I have always dreamed of writing those beautiful letters...with my own hand, and as much as I want, whenever I want.
I am trying to make that dream come true. I write all my tasks for the day using that pencil in that beautiful notebook and then write descriptions for each task and then, elaborate on how I am going to go about doing it and go to great lengths, using the most flowy, the most verbose language that I can use, to describe all that is going to be done by me and what I am going to assign the team and God knows what not. I love writing with those pencils so much. My manager sits beside me and I won't blame him if he thinks that I am a freak. More than 50% of my day is spent bent over that notebook. I hope I will be able to write those magically beautiful letters in the same magically beautiful style some day. I think I am going to start writing those olden days snail mails again.
-To beautiful cursive handwriting!

1 comment:

Neha Jain said...

you write good but are too lazy to elaborate your blogs